Music Library has files that don't belong there in it.... RRS feed

• Question

• Music Library has inluded jpegs, onenote files, word docs and html file extensions.  How do I remove these files so that only music files are in the music library.
    My documents library only has documents in it...so...why has the music library hijacked the other files?
    Saturday, January 16, 2010 8:14 PM

Answers

• Music Library has inluded jpegs, onenote files, word docs and html file extensions.  How do I remove these files so that only music files are in the music library.
    My documents library only has documents in it...so...why has the music library hijacked the other files?
    Hi

Open Windows Explorer and select the Libraries\Music Library folder.

At the top of the window, look at Locations. If you see something like 'xx locations' click that link and it will show what other folders have been add to that library.

If folders have been added, the Locations view will show the path to the location of those folders. Go to the location of those folders to see what they contain.

If a folder is added to a library, all of the sub-folders and files will also appear in that Library.

Let us know what you find.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Thursday, January 21, 2010 8:24 AM
    Sunday, January 17, 2010 12:43 AM

All replies

Hi

Open Windows Explorer and select the Libraries\Music Library folder.

At the top of the window, look at Locations. If you see something like 'xx locations' click that link and it will show what other folders have been add to that library.

If folders have been added, the Locations view will show the path to the location of those folders. Go to the location of those folders to see what they contain.

If a folder is added to a library, all of the sub-folders and files will also appear in that Library.

Let us know what you find.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    • Marked as answer by Linda Yan Thursday, January 21, 2010 8:24 AM
    Sunday, January 17, 2010 12:43 AM
  • So there must be a folder/folders which contain non-music named as unspecified that been added to the locations. Find and remove those folders and add the subfolders that contains pure music files.
    Monday, January 18, 2010 6:58 AM