BSOD loop back problem. RRS feed

• Question

• For no specific reason that I know of, I now get a BSOD on startup. No new hardware or software added in the past six months. I am running Windows 8.1 on an HP p6-2330 PC. I figured out how to boot to the startup menu, and am being asked for a password. I have not changed the setup password since I first got the machine. I have it in my notes, but it doesn't work. I have tried the CMOS jumper removal and remove the battery but I come back to the same place and no way to get to the recovery that is on a drive. The machine only boots to the hard drive and not the CD or usb drive (which I have recovery disks for). So it appears I am stuck without the setup password.  I have heard that most bios manufactures have a backdoor but I cannot find it for my bios which is JAS_808.rom v8.08. When I try removing the CMOS jumper and battery, I can boot to where I see that the default bios has reloaded.

Any ideas.

rcricky46

Monday, February 16, 2015 7:31 PM

Answers

• rcRicky

If you cannot figure out how to boot (even in safe mode) it is time to either do a repair install, or preferably a clean install of the OS.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

• Proposed as answer by Acreed02 Monday, February 16, 2015 8:32 PM
    • Marked as answer by Yolanda Zhu Monday, March 2, 2015 9:06 AM
    Monday, February 16, 2015 7:33 PM