Is It possible to have 2 mail contacts with the same external email address? RRS feed

• Question

• My supervisor wants to allow our exchange 2007 mail contacts to be allowed to have the same external email address. I told him I didn't think this was possible with exchange 2007 because it throws an error if you try to set another mail contact to the same external address and will not let you save it out. So is there a way to have two different mail contacts with the same external email address? Thanks.
    Wednesday, October 3, 2012 1:13 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It is not directly possible to have two contacts with the same external e-mail address but you could maybe:

Create 1 contact with the correct external e-mail address.

Create a second contact with a dummy email address and configure this contact to forward all emails to the first contact.

Leif

• Marked as answer by shane flowers Wednesday, October 3, 2012 7:40 PM
    Wednesday, October 3, 2012 1:59 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It is not directly possible to have two contacts with the same external e-mail address but you could maybe:

Create 1 contact with the correct external e-mail address.

Create a second contact with a dummy email address and configure this contact to forward all emails to the first contact.

Leif

• Marked as answer by shane flowers Wednesday, October 3, 2012 7:40 PM
    Wednesday, October 3, 2012 1:59 PM
  • Leif,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will see if that work around will be ok. I hadn't thought of that. Thank you very much.

-Shane

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 7:41 PM
  • Hi,

Any update after the test?

Thanks,

Simon

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 6:36 AM