none
Tasks won't begin at start of day RRS feed

• Question

• I'm certain there is an easy fix for this but it's eluding me.  Our crews work 12 hour days starting at 07:00 and finishing at 19:00. I created a custom calendar called 'Field crew Days' that reflects this scheduling.  The working times Monday - Friday are 7:00am to 1:00pm and 2:00pm to 7:00pm.  In >project options >schedule I changed default start time to 7:00am default end time to 7:00pm.  When I make this change it moves all of my tasks out so they don't start at the days beginning.  For 1 day duration tasks this overflows them into the next working day.  What am I missing?
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 3:26 PM

All replies

• For this to work you need to understand the default calendar settings and the hours per day setting.

If you do the following it should get you there...

1. Change the project calendar to be your Field crew Days calendar.  Note if you are using Project Server/Project Online then an admin will have to create this calendar for you.

2.  Change Hours per day = 11 (note that the calendar you have defined is 11 hours per day, not 12)

3.  You may need to change the task duration to be 11 hours or 1 day to see the correct dates/times.

4.  I recommend changing the time format to be dd/mm/yy hh:mm which can be done in the File | Options button.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 5:50 PM