none
Provider Category unselectable/greyed out when duplicating a certificate template on the CA RRS feed

• Question

• Provider Category unselectable/greyed out when duplicating a certificate template on the CA.

I found posts that said you should be able to duplicate and go to the Cryptography tab first thing and change it before applying changes elsewhere, but that still doesn't seem to work. I've tried changing the compatibility to 2008 R2, 2012 R2, and 2016, but nothing seems to let me change that field. 

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 8:23 PM

All replies

• Hello,
    Thank you for posting in our TechNet forum.

First, we check whether the Cryptographic settings on root CA certificate, it shoud be displayed as below:

Cryptographic settings

Provider: Microsoft Software Key Strong Provider
    Hash algorithm: Sha256

Then we can try the following steps:

1.  Duplicate template.

2. On template Properties ->Compatibility tab -> Compatibility Settings, select Windows server 2008 at least.

We can selet Legacy CSP or KSP on Cryptographic tab.

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 4:08 AM
  • Hi,
    If this question has any update or is this issue solved? Also, for the question, is there any other assistance we could provide?

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, August 23, 2019 5:28 AM
  • Hi,
    Would you please tell me how things are going on your side. If you have any questions or concerns about the information I provided, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Again thanks for your time and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Daisy Zhou

Monday, August 26, 2019 8:05 AM