none
Custom form to be used from a orchestrator runbook

Question

• Hi all,

I would like to know if is possible to  create a custom form on SCSM using Authoring tool to be used to call a orchestrator runbook.

The runbook has more than 15 fields that will be mandatory to fill. I tryed create a new class, new form, but for all options does not show this custom form on the moment that is necessary to map fields on offering service phase.

tks

Certified (35) | ITIL | MCP | MCDST | MCSA1 | MCSE1 | MCT | MCTS Sharepoint | MCITP SQL | MCSA Windows 2012 | MTA Security | MCSE Windows 8 | MCSE Windows 2012 | Vencedor do Winthe7.com.br 2009, Quarto lugar Copa de Talentos Microsoft 2010

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 1:37 PM

Answers

• Hi Adriano.

One solution to your problem is to extend your Service Request class with a number of 'generic' properties, e.g. String01-20, Bool01-20 etc.  This way, you can create as may of these as you like and map your user prompts to these properties.  The only property you would pass to the Runbook for example then would be the RunbookID.  This then allows you to retrieve the from the service request from within the Runbook using the Get-Object activity, rather than passing the data as parameters via the RUnbook Automation Activity template.

HTH

Cheers

Shaun

Thursday, February 27, 2014 6:54 AM
  • Now I understood and fixed my template, I can use the extended properties on moment that I am creating the Template related to Custom Service request and I can map using all fields created before.

Certified (35) | ITIL | MCP | MCDST | MCSA1 | MCSE1 | MCT | MCTS Sharepoint | MCITP SQL | MCSA Windows 2012 | MTA Security | MCSE Windows 8 | MCSE Windows 2012 | Vencedor do Winthe7.com.br 2009, Quarto lugar Copa de Talentos Microsoft 2010

• Marked as answer by Adriano Neiva Thursday, February 27, 2014 9:02 PM
    Thursday, February 27, 2014 9:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Adriano.

One solution to your problem is to extend your Service Request class with a number of 'generic' properties, e.g. String01-20, Bool01-20 etc.  This way, you can create as may of these as you like and map your user prompts to these properties.  The only property you would pass to the Runbook for example then would be the RunbookID.  This then allows you to retrieve the from the service request from within the Runbook using the Get-Object activity, rather than passing the data as parameters via the RUnbook Automation Activity template.

HTH

Cheers

Shaun

Thursday, February 27, 2014 6:54 AM
  • Hi Shaun,

tks for your comments, it is a good idea, I extended the service request class, create all necessary fields, but I can map it only on service Request custom properties, but on Runbook Automation Activity, I continues having text1 to text10 only

Thursday, February 27, 2014 6:25 PM
  • Now I understood and fixed my template, I can use the extended properties on moment that I am creating the Template related to Custom Service request and I can map using all fields created before.

• Marked as answer by Adriano Neiva Thursday, February 27, 2014 9:02 PM
    Thursday, February 27, 2014 9:02 PM