Ringing Back Tone RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all im facing a problem we configured a direct sip trunk between our lync mediation server and NEC PBX the calls flow is running fine after upgrading the NEC PBX version but when we make a call from the PBX phone to the lync client the lync client start ringing on the PC but we can't hear the ringing tone in the phone it self,maybe if i know the ringing tone frequency that the Lync server use i will be able to solve the problem or maybe any one have an idea ??? Regards
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 11:03 AM

Answers

• This is related to "early media" settings on the PBX. Look for such parameter on the NEC configuration.

Drago

http://www.lynclog.com
    • Marked as answer by Sean_Xiao Monday, August 22, 2011 1:32 AM
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 1:39 PM
  •  

I've seem this with a Siemens. It is likely to be a setting on the NEC side, or you may need to look at putting a gateway between Lync and the NEC to get full functionality.

Tom Arbuthnot, Consultant Modality Systems
    Blog: Lync'd Up Blog Subscribe for updates: Email or RSS
    Twitter @tomarbuthnot
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 7:52 AM
  • This issue is most to PBX. you can consult NEC vendor to configurate it correctly.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 8:24 AM

All replies

• This is related to "early media" settings on the PBX. Look for such parameter on the NEC configuration.

Drago

http://www.lynclog.com
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 1:39 PM
  •  

I've seem this with a Siemens. It is likely to be a setting on the NEC side, or you may need to look at putting a gateway between Lync and the NEC to get full functionality.

Tom Arbuthnot, Consultant Modality Systems
    Blog: Lync'd Up Blog Subscribe for updates: Email or RSS
    Twitter @tomarbuthnot
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 7:52 AM
  • This issue is most to PBX. you can consult NEC vendor to configurate it correctly.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 8:24 AM