wireless connections!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RRS feed

• Question

• Im running windows xp and my laptop wont connect to my wireless hub, im running sp3 and have tried everything,  any help would be brilliant, its telling me theres wireless networks in range but wont let me connect, when i try to connect it then tells me unable to connect to the selected network, the network maybe out of range.
    Wednesday, April 29, 2009 10:37 AM

Answers

• Hi boboc1, after checking the issue, it seems this is a general Windows XP related issue. As this forum focuses on Windows SteadyState specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Windows XP forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsxpitpro

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Also, for your information, you can try enabling a service regarding the issue:

1.       Click Start, go to Run, type services.msc and press Enter.

2.       Locate Wireless Zero Configuration on the right pane.

3.       Start the service and set the start type to automatic.

4.       Then, please check the result.

Hope this helps!

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Thursday, April 30, 2009 3:50 AM
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 3:50 AM

All replies

• Hi boboc1, after checking the issue, it seems this is a general Windows XP related issue. As this forum focuses on Windows SteadyState specific issues, this inquiry would best be posted to Windows XP forum:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windowsxpitpro

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.  Thank you for your understanding.

Also, for your information, you can try enabling a service regarding the issue:

1.       Click Start, go to Run, type services.msc and press Enter.

2.       Locate Wireless Zero Configuration on the right pane.

3.       Start the service and set the start type to automatic.

4.       Then, please check the result.

Hope this helps!

Sean Zhu - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Sean Zhu - Thursday, April 30, 2009 3:50 AM
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 3:50 AM
  • Thank you!!!   Sorted now  :-)
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 7:51 PM