Cannot find type [Microsoft.Windows.Networkcontroller.credentialproperties]: verify that the assembly containing this type is loaded RRS feed

• Question

• After installing the Network Controller and rebooting, I tried to add a credential as follows:

$cred=New-Object Microsoft.Windows.Networkcontroller.credentialproperties

When I do, I get the following error:

New-Object : Cannot find type [Microsoft.Windows.Networkcontroller.credentialproperties]: verify that the assembly containing this type is loaded.At line:1 char:7+ $cred=New-Object Microsoft.Windows.Networkcontroller.credentialproper ...+       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidType: (:) [New-Object], PSArgumentException    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : TypeNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.NewObjectCommand

Monday, October 24, 2016 5:13 AM

Answers

• Thanks! I will try that next time I run into the issue. Strangely, the issue resolved itself after several minutes. It seems like something else loads the module automatically, just not right away.
    Monday, October 24, 2016 3:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Ben,

I think you need to import the Network Controller module

try:

Import-Module Networkcontroller

En then create the new-object for Microsoft.Windows.Networkcontroller.credentialproperties

Monday, October 24, 2016 10:53 AM
  • Thanks! I will try that next time I run into the issue. Strangely, the issue resolved itself after several minutes. It seems like something else loads the module automatically, just not right away.
    Monday, October 24, 2016 3:21 PM