Setting Groups to DynamicUserConfiguration for AppV Package through powershell RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I'm trying to set Groups to a package with DynamicUserConfiguration,I'm unable to understand why it is not happening.

Here is what I'm trying

PS C:\Windows\system32> Set-AppvServerPackage -PackageID 1e853f49-9b2c-4e58-8cd1-d25496019134 -DynamicUserConfigurationPath "\\172.18.24.175\Publish\Firefox 9\appv\Firefox9_UserConfig.xml" -VersionID 6e9e47ee-5c38-45a6-b71c-1d96147bbef0 -Groups "domain\groupname"

Set-AppvServerPackage : An unexpected error occurred during processing.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Set-AppvServerPackage -PackageID 1e853f49-9b2c-4e58-8cd1-d25496019134 -DynamicUs ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [Set-AppvServerPackage], Exception
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ServiceError,Microsoft.AppV.Server.Cmdlets.SetAppvServerPackageCommand

I even tried with file package name

PS C:\Windows\system32> Set-AppvServerPackage -Name Firefox9 -DynamicUserConfigurationPath"\\172.18.24.175\Publish\Firefox 9\appv\Firefox9_UserConfig.xml" -Groups "asdev\administrators"

Set-AppvServerPackage : An unexpected error occurred during processing.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Set-AppvServerPackage -Name Firefox9 -DynamicUserConfigurationPath "\\172.18.24. ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [Set-AppvServerPackage], Exception
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : ServiceError,Microsoft.AppV.Server.Cmdlets.SetAppvServerPackageCommand

Can anyone please tell me where am i going wrong ?

Note:Get-help Set-AppVserverPackage -detailed doesn't have complete documentation. 

Thanks,
    Sumit.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 9:20 AM

All replies

• You looking for this: Add-AppVClientConnectionGroup  ?

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

• Edited by RorymonMVP Tuesday, December 9, 2014 5:49 PM
    Tuesday, December 9, 2014 5:48 PM
  • Probably a dumb question, but has the app definitely been added to the server already using Import-AppvServerPackage (or manually in the console)?

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 10:03 AM
  • Yes ,App is already added to the server already and it's visible in UI too.

I'm facing problem while setting group through powershell for DynamicUserConfigurationPath.

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 10:07 AM
  • I'm trying to Groups for UserConfig files through powershell using 

Set-AppvServerPackage -PackageID "" -DynamicUserConfigurationPath "" -Groups "" command

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 10:09 AM
  • Both commands look right - supposed the package was added before to the Management Server.

You could cross-check if the path to the XML files is correct and if you and the machine have permission to access it. Also check if it is 'really' a User Config (and not a deployment config).

Did you try using the Management Console?

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |   Blog kirxblog   |   Web kirx.org   |   Fireside appvbook.com

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 10:14 AM