Internet Explorer 7 error: Generic Host Process for Win32 services has encountered a problem and needs to close RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working on an Acer5102WLMi laptop with an AMD Turion 64 x2 running Window XP Professional SP3 installed. The problem is such that the I can get a connection to the internet, either in home wireless, ethernet, or broadband air card. The problem is that none of the other programs can seem to find that connection nor matter configuration that I use. I even installed Netscape Navigator and a proof that the problem wasn't simply one based upon IE7. It didn't find the connection either. I've uninstalled and reinstalled IE7 and ran RegCure neither of which had any effect upon the problem. Apart from this problem the machine seems to be running just fine. However, the problem occurred after an automatic update was installed. I've run the repair wireless network connection several times, no success. It says that the wireless network adapter is all running fine (freaked out, insecure, neurotic, and emotional). And the notification balloon also says that I've got a very strong signal. However, I've just run the network system diagnostic and it failed on InboundMailserver = Pop3, OutboundMailServer = SMTP failed for "Default Outlook Express Mail". Under Modems and Network Adapters - Network Adapters: 000000005 Atheros AR5005G Wireless network adapter failed, under this as heading DNSServerSearchOrder failed, the next sub-level: 213.174.139.72 failed. "Pinging 213.174.139.72 with 32 bytes of data - Request timed out 4 times" "Ping statistics for 213.174.139.72;" Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4. DNS Servers 000000005 Atheros AR5005G Wireless Network Adapter Failed. DNSServerSearchOrder failed verbatum above. Bottom line the servers can find the hardware even though the hardware is running fine according to the device manager. Basically, there is a software error that is causing the malfunction that I am experiencing. I've attempted to revert to an earlier known state but there are none because my friend never setup the auto-recovery program to do that.

Short of having to backup the system and reinstalling the operating system, does anyone know what possible resolutions exist to remedy this inability to connect to the internet? The ironic thing is that the "Error Reporting" service seems to be able to connect to the internet when I responded in the affirmative to send the report. Does anyone have any answers?
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 12:43 AM