SIP Error 484 Address Incomplete. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Some users complain that some calls doesn't works...

I have check the monitoring and I can see that calls have a SIP error 484 : Gateway responded with 484 Address Incomplete.

My mediation server was directly connect to the provider gateway, I have open a ticket to their support, but I have no return for the moment.

I didn't see any error in the event viewer of mediation server.

All my users concerned by this problem have their line uri filled correctly.

In waiting their answer, can I verify something in the Lync environnement ?

Thanks,

Monday, June 16, 2014 4:03 PM

Answers

• Are these for inbound calls or outbound calls or both?  Is it always the same number that fails?  Can you reproduce the issue by having the user call the number that failed again?  Are you normalizing to E.164 on the gateway as well as your Lync dial plan?  For outbound calls, I'd verify that you're normalizing all calls to E.164 format before sending it to the gateway so that it never receives a partial phone number.  I'd also confirm that the gateway is normalizing numbers coming from Lync into a format your telephone company will accept if they don't accept E.164.  For inbound calls, I'd ensure that all calls coming from the gateway are formatted as E.164.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

• Marked as answer by Rom1_L Friday, June 20, 2014 3:36 PM
    Monday, June 16, 2014 5:00 PM

All replies

• Are these for inbound calls or outbound calls or both?  Is it always the same number that fails?  Can you reproduce the issue by having the user call the number that failed again?  Are you normalizing to E.164 on the gateway as well as your Lync dial plan?  For outbound calls, I'd verify that you're normalizing all calls to E.164 format before sending it to the gateway so that it never receives a partial phone number.  I'd also confirm that the gateway is normalizing numbers coming from Lync into a format your telephone company will accept if they don't accept E.164.  For inbound calls, I'd ensure that all calls coming from the gateway are formatted as E.164.

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications

• Marked as answer by Rom1_L Friday, June 20, 2014 3:36 PM
    Monday, June 16, 2014 5:00 PM
  • It's only outbound call, it's not the same number that fail, it's hasardous.

Users who have fail can reproduce the issue, me when I call it's OK...

In my Lync environment all is normalizing to E.164, I checked two times today. And in the user activity report the called number is in e.164 format.

Now I wait the response of my provider, I hope it got a CDR or a historic of inbound call to this gateway, for see in what format my call arrive to provider gateway

Thanks for your help.

Monday, June 16, 2014 8:31 PM
  • Run Lync Server Logging Tool on Mediation Server and enable Lync client logging for those users who can reproduce the issue to collect log file for troubleshooting.

Lisa Zheng
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 8:48 AM
  • Hello,

I have the return of my provider and my numbers sent are not E.164

It's maybe a problem in my route with my old PBX always used by some sites.

Thanks for help :)

Friday, June 20, 2014 3:36 PM