Impossible to install Web Server (IIS) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an issue on Windows 2012 R2 server, I'm not able to install the role Web Server IIS and got the below message.

I tried everything with no success. I thought that there was a problem with SXS folder but I made DISM scanhealth and restorehealth successfully.
    I specified an alternate source path with no success but trying to install net framework 3.5 with the same source worked.

Your help would be very much appreciated because I have no more ideas.

Regards,

William

Friday, November 16, 2018 4:10 PM

Answers

• I understood the issue !

I fix this by extracting ISO content to the local server. Indeed trying to install IIS by mounting ISO file on the server didn't work.

Thanks a lot for your help.

• Marked as answer by Pandino_cz Friday, November 16, 2018 6:54 PM
    Friday, November 16, 2018 6:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you please show me the result of the following command:
    sfc /scannow

Please attach the link of the following log:
    C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log

Avis de non-responsabilité:
    Mon opinion ne peut pas coïncider avec la position officielle de Microsoft.

Bien cordialement, Andrei ...

MCP

Friday, November 16, 2018 4:20 PM
  • Hi

Scan completed but I don't know how to link the  log file ?

Thanks

Friday, November 16, 2018 5:13 PM
  • Please attach it in the following message as a link to downloading from the file storage (e.g. onedrive)

MCP

Friday, November 16, 2018 5:52 PM
  • Thanks,

Here he link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqTPopPeaTVLaFS0bWjD5Byf9G8

I also find these logs in the eventviewer but didn't help.

Unable to install updates IIS-CommonHttpFeatures;IIS-DefaultDocument;IIS-DirectoryBrowsing;IIS-RequestFiltering;IIS-HealthAndDiagnostics;IIS-HttpErrors;IIS-HttpLogging;IIS-ManagementConsole;IIS-WebServerManagementTools;IIS-Performance;IIS-Security;IIS-WebServerRole;IIS-HttpCompressionStatic;IIS-StaticContent;IIS-WebServer;. hResult: Unknown HResult Error code: 0x800f0906

Exception Detected: Installation of one or more roles, role services, or features failed.
    The source files could not be downloaded. 
    Use the "source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077. Error: 0x800f0906 ErrorID: DISMAPI_Error__Cbs_Download_Failure

GetAlterationState method returned Failed. Error: The request to add or remove features on the specified server failed.
    Installation of one or more roles, role services, or features failed.
    Use the "source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077. Error: 0x800f0906

Add-_InternalWindowsRole workflow reported an error installing or removing the requested component(s), TargetComputer:, RequestState:2, RebootRequired: false, ErrorMessage: The request to add or remove features on the specified server failed.
    Installation of one or more roles, role services, or features failed.
    Use the "source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077. Error: 0x800f0906
    , ErrorId: DISMAPI_Error__Cbs_Download_Failure, ErrorCategory: 7, Warning: 

Friday, November 16, 2018 6:01 PM
  • Usually error code 0x800F0906 means that the source files could not be downloaded.
    Use the "source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature.

Could you please attach the link of the following log::
    C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

MCP

• Marked as answer by Pandino_cz Friday, November 16, 2018 6:48 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Pandino_cz Friday, November 16, 2018 6:48 PM
    Friday, November 16, 2018 6:23 PM
  • I understood the issue !

I fix this by extracting ISO content to the local server. Indeed trying to install IIS by mounting ISO file on the server didn't work.

Thanks a lot for your help.

• Marked as answer by Pandino_cz Friday, November 16, 2018 6:54 PM
    Friday, November 16, 2018 6:54 PM
  • Hi Pandino_cz,

I am glad hear that your issue has been resolved.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to post.

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 22, 2018 4:25 AM