none
MS Project Updating Causes Insertion of Constraints RRS feed

• Question

• When I assign a percent completion to a task and click re-schedule work, some activities are given constraints that I cannot get rid of. Any tips?
    Monday, February 25, 2013 4:07 PM

All replies

• Please provide more information, constrains may be coming due to some resource conflicts or Calendar or predecessors linking. How are you rescheduling the work, if you can provide details we could help.

Sapna Shukla

Monday, February 25, 2013 4:24 PM
  • Hi,

The constraints are expected.  When you use the "Reschedule uncomplete work to start after" command, you will see Start No Earlier Than constraints on tasks that were shifted.

While having constraints in schedule creation are not too desirable, the only option is to leave remaining work in the past - and than is less desirable.

I hope this helps.

Julie

Monday, February 25, 2013 5:01 PM
  • Hi,

The constraints are expected.  When you use the "Reschedule uncomplete work to start after" command, you will see Start No Earlier Than constraints on tasks that were shifted.

While having constraints in schedule creation are not too desirable, the only option is to leave remaining work in the past - and than is less desirable.

I hope this helps.

Julie

Julie is correct,  I would add that the best way do rescedule the work is to reschedule just the task(s) that has caused the project to fall behind.  Then all successor tasks that are linked to the task will be pushed out also.  this will limit the number of constraints on your schedule.

Thanks

Tom Henry

@tomhenryepm

Monday, February 25, 2013 10:11 PM