Cannot open AIP protected files on iOS device RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Guys,

I've enabled AIP on the O365 tenant and have sent few test files such as pdf,doc and xls from my outlook to mobile user.(who has AIP client installed on the iOS device)

Mobile user is using Office Outlook to access emails and when he tries to open the protected files he gets the following error."The Operation couldnt be completed. (OfficeImportErrorDomain error 912.)

can someone please tell me if Outlook for iOS/Android is supported to open Office files and pdf files which are protected via AIP.

thanks

Wednesday, January 3, 2018 11:46 AM

All replies

• Howdy Vijay,

Please make sure your Exchange Service has been synced with the Azure Information Protection service.

Here is a great walkthrough with the latest updates for Exchange Online.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Set-up-new-Office-365-Message-Encryption-capabilities-built-on-top-of-Azure-Information-Protection-7ff0c040-b25c-4378-9904-b1b50210d00e

In order for your mobile client to start working, your OWA client will need to be configured as well for Emails.

The AIP client should be able to open the protected documents, so if you send a protected document in a non-protected email. The AIP client should be prompted to open the document ( Emails require Exchange to be configured )

Hope this helps :)

Wednesday, January 3, 2018 4:44 PM
  • Vijay, I am currently getting the same error when trying to open a protected doc on an IOS device.  Did you resolve this using the answer provided? Thanks
    Wednesday, February 6, 2019 11:57 AM