Troubleshoot FEP Client not installing on workstation... RRS feed

• Question

• I need help in trouble shooting why a FEP Client is not installing on a workstation. When looking at the workstation, it would appear that the installation files are NOT present on the workstation. C:\programdata\Microsoft\Microsoft Client Security folder isn't even present on the workstation. 

I went to the SCCM / FEP server and looked at the execmgr.log file hoping that it would show me that the client push was started and where it might have failed, but I dont see anything in that file that references the workstation. 

Any help is GREATLY apprecaited! :) 

Thanks... Frank
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 2:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• In an effort to continue trying to fix this problem, I was able to install the client by manually running fepinstall.exe on the computer manually. The install went fine. It would appear though that SCCM / FEP server doesn't know that the install has taken place and thus isn't managing it. How can I make sure that SCCM starts to manage it and applies any policies it needs to, to it???

Thanks... Frank
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 4:02 PM
  • Hi,

You are right, the collecitons for FEP checks that the FEP program is installed on the clients, when you tried to install the FEP client did you configure it to use either "download content from the distribution point and run locally" or "requires drive letter "?
    Otherwise the FEP install will fail.

For more information: http://blogs.technet.com/b/clientsecurity/archive/2011/01/12/how-to-advertise-the-fep-client-to-install-from-a-distribution-point.aspx

I would uninstall the client and solve the problem with deploying the client, so you have a working environment.

Regards,
    Jörgen 

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec
    Tuesday, October 4, 2011 6:15 PM