none
How to delete Timesheet Manager of Generic Resources RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Environment:

Project server 2013

Some of the generic resource in one of my client site is having timesheet manager. I guess earlier resource were non generic and accidently some one has changed them to generic resource.

Now I want to delete the value of timesheet manager for non generic resource.

can some one help me and tell me how I can do that also whether it is possible from front end.

Regards,

Kirtesh

kirtesh

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 12:31 PM

Answers

• Kirtesh:

This is, indeed, a conundrum. If you are on premises and can access the database, the easiest way to correct this is to run a query or fix them manually. Otherwise, through the interface you would have to recreate them and replace the old with the new.

I'm scratching my head to figure out how this might have happened. Was the system migrated from earlier versions? Doesn't matter how really, but it would be nice to know if there's a hole somewhere.

Gary Chefetz, MCITP, MCP, MVP msProjectExperts
    Project and Project ServerFAQs
    Project Server Help BLOG

Thursday, January 22, 2015 10:05 AM

All replies

• Hi Kirtesh,

Try setting the generic resource as timesheet manager for themselves.  Simply copy and paste.

kashif

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 10:48 PM
  • Kirtesh:

This is, indeed, a conundrum. If you are on premises and can access the database, the easiest way to correct this is to run a query or fix them manually. Otherwise, through the interface you would have to recreate them and replace the old with the new.

I'm scratching my head to figure out how this might have happened. Was the system migrated from earlier versions? Doesn't matter how really, but it would be nice to know if there's a hole somewhere.

Project Server Help BLOG

Thursday, January 22, 2015 10:05 AM
  • Kashif:

Generics do not have timesheet managers, therefore you cannot edit this field in the PWA.

Project Server Help BLOG

Thursday, January 22, 2015 10:06 AM
  • Hi Gary,

Thanks for your reply.

I dont want to do it from DB side as i need to update update DB table. I have already started recreating them and then replacing with existing one. I just wanted to double check if their any way. 

Yes, System got migrated from earlier version.

Kirtesh

kirtesh

Friday, January 23, 2015 6:58 PM