none
Internet Explorer 11 Crash - Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am having issues with IE crashing at random times.  

Here's the IE dump file:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F6D1AB7DE1BF1F58!1410&authkey=!ANlbLy4X_1gYfz4&ithint=file%2cdmp

I have tried with no luck to resolve.  Can someone look at the dump file and give me any assistance?

Any help would be much appreciated.  

Thanks,

JH 

Thursday, March 24, 2016 9:55 PM

Answers

• 1.Scan your system with latest definition of anti malware tool.

2. Open Command Prompt as Admin and run the following command and hit Enter:

sfc /scannow

3. Reset Internet Explorer settings, i.e. Internet Options > Advanced Tab and click 'Reset' at the bottom.

4. If you have installed any third party application recently then uninstall it.

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Friday, March 25, 2016 12:09 AM
  • Hi JoshHAero,

According to your description, I find a FAILURE_PROBLEM_CLASS:  HEAP_CORRUPTION. I suggest that we could run Internet Explorer with no add-ons. If this behaves properly, it could be an add-on that is causing the issue. After that we could startup in Clean Boot to avoid third party software effects. Please check the link below to see how to boot in clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Then we could open IE browser. Click Tool>Internet options>Advanced to find the accelerated graphics and third-party browser extensions. Please disable them and reboot.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 25, 2016 10:47 AM

All replies

• 1.Scan your system with latest definition of anti malware tool.

2. Open Command Prompt as Admin and run the following command and hit Enter:

sfc /scannow

3. Reset Internet Explorer settings, i.e. Internet Options > Advanced Tab and click 'Reset' at the bottom.

4. If you have installed any third party application recently then uninstall it.

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Friday, March 25, 2016 12:09 AM
  • Hi JoshHAero,

According to your description, I find a FAILURE_PROBLEM_CLASS:  HEAP_CORRUPTION. I suggest that we could run Internet Explorer with no add-ons. If this behaves properly, it could be an add-on that is causing the issue. After that we could startup in Clean Boot to avoid third party software effects. Please check the link below to see how to boot in clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Then we could open IE browser. Click Tool>Internet options>Advanced to find the accelerated graphics and third-party browser extensions. Please disable them and reboot.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 25, 2016 10:47 AM