none
FIM Portal reinstall RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I have created this post with Oracle DB MA problem.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/23f5937c-1dac-4cc0-9fc7-f55aa140a511/rowfetchfailure-with-oracle-ma?forum=ilm2

I think that I have found the reason of my problem - it is in my Portal schema configuration.
    Does MIM have any guides to clear all MIM Portal configuration or only schema configuration(better for me)?
    If I correctly understand I can make deinstallation of Portal and make a new install with fresh DB and configuration.
    In this case I will lost my portal sync flows (they are documented and can be restored "by hands") and my Portal users/groups, which can be restored during sync process.
    Any hints on this process?
    Thanks!

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 2:08 PM

Answers

• Hi,

It doesn't matter what order you install things.  You'll normally use a separate AD account for the FIM management agent and the installer will grant permissions to the FIMService database.  Perhaps make sure it has permission in SQL.

Also if the MIM service is on a different server install the SQL native client.

Thanks,

Paul.

• Marked as answer by alexiszp Tuesday, September 13, 2016 1:52 PM
    Thursday, September 8, 2016 3:55 PM

All replies

• Hello!

I have created this post with Oracle DB MA problem.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/23f5937c-1dac-4cc0-9fc7-f55aa140a511/rowfetchfailure-with-oracle-ma?forum=ilm2

I think that I have found the reason of my problem - it is in my Portal schema configuration.
    Does MIM have any guides to clear all MIM Portal configuration or only schema configuration(better for me)?
    If I correctly understand I can make deinstallation of Portal and make a new install with fresh DB and configuration.
    In this case I will lost my portal sync flows (they are documented and can be restored "by hands") and my Portal users/groups, which can be restored during sync process.
    Any hints on this process?
    Thanks!

Hi,

You can export your MIM configuration using the Powershell cmdlet Export-FIMConfig.  If it's just the sync rules, you can do Export-FIMConfig -Custom "/SynchronizationRule".  These can be imported in your new installation using Import-FIMConfig too.  But you can import your schema etc. in the same way.

Have a look at https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff394178.aspx for additional syntax.

Thanks,

Paul.

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 2:34 PM
  • I already have made a reinstall of Portal and Service and nothing changed.

Also make reinstall on Sync Service and this is also not helps.

So, as I understand problem is in Oracle DB?

Correctly I understand that only one way is to install Sync service and after it Portal service?

I did installation of Portal and after it Sync Service. Now I can't create (exported!) FIM MA - I can't connect to DB.

Thursday, September 8, 2016 2:52 PM
  • Hi,

It doesn't matter what order you install things.  You'll normally use a separate AD account for the FIM management agent and the installer will grant permissions to the FIMService database.  Perhaps make sure it has permission in SQL.

Also if the MIM service is on a different server install the SQL native client.

Thanks,

Paul.

• Marked as answer by alexiszp Tuesday, September 13, 2016 1:52 PM
    Thursday, September 8, 2016 3:55 PM
  • Thanks!

It was a permission problem.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 1:52 PM