none
How can I dectivate a licensed copy of MS Office 2010 Professional

Question

• I have MS Office 2010 installed on 2 computers.  One of the computers has been replaced and is in the process of being excessed.  How can I deactivate the license that is being used by that computer so I can re-use it on my new computer
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 6:45 PM

Answers

• There's no need to de-activate your old license.  Just uninstall Office from the old computer and install Office on the new computer with the same key.  Proceed with online activation.  If you're told that you've used your number of activations, then please call Microsoft support and explain the situation (you've uninstalled on the old computer and installed on the new computer).  They should provide you with another key to activate Office on your new computer.

Ted Way [MSFT], Program Manager, Microsoft Office: Enterprise Licensing, Group Policy, and 64-bit Office
    • Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Friday, January 28, 2011 6:18 AM
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 1:50 AM

All replies

• There's no need to de-activate your old license.  Just uninstall Office from the old computer and install Office on the new computer with the same key.  Proceed with online activation.  If you're told that you've used your number of activations, then please call Microsoft support and explain the situation (you've uninstalled on the old computer and installed on the new computer).  They should provide you with another key to activate Office on your new computer.

Ted Way [MSFT], Program Manager, Microsoft Office: Enterprise Licensing, Group Policy, and 64-bit Office
    • Marked as answer by Jennifer Zhan Friday, January 28, 2011 6:18 AM
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 1:50 AM
  • Hi There

How do I do this if my boss has left and taken his laptop with him. INcluding the office 2010 pro license...

Thanks.

Thursday, December 15, 2011 10:29 AM
  • recommend you call MS and explain. I think you'll need to consider the options of buying another license, or, get a new key and block the old key?

http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/contact-us.aspx

Don

• Edited by DonPick Thursday, December 15, 2011 12:00 PM
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 11:59 AM