none
Fading Images RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I noticed a strange thing in the recent days.

I have images of my credit cards stored on my PC. I see that the numbers are fading as the days pass. Specially the CVV is almost not legible. But the physical card print is good and readable.

Is it the harddisk that is having a wear and tear?

Any help to identify the issue appreciated

Monday, August 28, 2017 12:54 PM

All replies

• What do you mean by "image"?  Is it an image file which has been scanned from a credit card, such as *.jpg, *.tif, *.pdf, etc? 

Ashidacchi

Monday, August 28, 2017 5:11 PM
  • Yes..image scanned from credit card and its .jpg
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 9:35 AM
  • Hi HighAbove,

Thank you for your confirmation.

If I understand your issue correctly, I'm sure it should not occur "the numbers are fading as the days pass".  It is not possible that your image stored/saved in your storage (hard disk, SSD, USB flash drive, CD/DVD media, etc.) will be fading day by day. 

I would like to confirm:
    1.  Do you see other images are fading as the days pass? 
    2.  Is your monitor getting dark day by day?
        (We can hardly recognize slight change of its brightness in a few days, but could notice the change by a month or months.)

Sorry for my poor English.
    But I want to say again that images saved in storage will never fade. It would be possible images could not be read because of some physical defects.

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 10:16 AM
  • Check possible problems on your monitor.

Images will never fade away with time when stored on HD, so this is an issue with your monitor.

BR

Michael 

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 10:40 AM
  • Hi Michael Goulart,

I'm wondering why you proposed your own post as answer, and furthermore you said nothing but what I mentioned.

# In Japanese, they say "恥を知りなさい". I hope you will understand it.

Regards,

Ashidacchi

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 11:29 AM
  • I don't even know I just may be wrong pressed the button, as far you can see on my profile I don't give any answers to retrieve points is just the fact I am trying to help someone else without the need of any return , I don't have time also as you can see by the time I took to respond you , but I propose your reply as an "answer" as it obvious this must be important for you.

In English will say " I won't be ashamed of a simple mistake I did in my life, but you must be ashamed of yourself pointing fingers to other people as you just did" I don't have any advantages in marking my answer as answer you can see I don't give a damn for the points I do for the good and simple fact I can help other people, that's the point we are different as its clear you do to earn points, and what will you do with them ? Exchange for food and save the starving babies somewhere ...guess not as you are a selfish not polite individual as you just demonstrate yourself for the whole community. 

Guess who is Ashamed now?

Tuesday, October 10, 2017 12:16 PM