Problem downloading with Firefox and other network clients from clients on LAN through Windows 2008 RRAS NAT Router. RRS feed

• Question

• Dear sirs,

I have a problem with downloading from Firefox and other programs. The problem occurs periodically. I have tested with downloading Firefox 3.5.7 UK from http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/ and in 8 out of 10 times, the downloaded file is corrupt and will not execute. Sometimes it works. That's why I write you. How can this happen? It is like some of the ip packets never turn up, and the files are written wrong in some way. I tried saving both to network drives and local harddisk. All other file operations function without errors. Windows update, normal Internet browsing (both port 80 and 443 ) and other services work fine.

I am using Windows 2008 server SP2 x86 Enterprise edition on the firewall/rras server and Windows 2008 server SP2 x86 Datacenter edition on a single domain controller, as well as Windows 2008 server SP2 x86 Datacenter edition on a server configured with exchange server. Both the DC and Exchange server function as files servers for network clients whereas the rras server function as a router only, with two network adapters for LAN / WAN routing.

My LAN IP scope is 10.0.0.0/24 and the client DHCP scope is 10.0.0.100-254.

The server IP addresses and dns names are:

Firewall01.dronninglund. / 10.0.0.1 (internal) | 89.150.71.135 (external) : RRAS Server
    rootserver01.dronninglund.it / 10.0.0.40 : Domain Controller
    Exchange01.dronninglund.it / 10.0.0.50 : Application Server

Don't hesitate to ask for further configuration details if necessary to address the problem!

I hope someone has an idea of what the nature of the problem is, and possibly a solution! ;)

Thanks in advance,

David Dronninglund Madsen

Sunday, February 14, 2010 9:09 PM