none
DPM 2016 UR1 cannot add vmware host RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I upgraded to DPM 2016 specifically to be able to backup vmware in adition to hyper-v. After installing UR1, that seems to be removed, because i cannot add vmware. Any reference to vmware in the console is gone, and "Production servers" under management has changed back to "Agents". What gives?

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights

Saturday, February 4, 2017 4:21 PM

All replies

• Hi i686, DPM 2016 does not support VMWare protection yet. You'll have to await until UR2 for that.
    Monday, February 6, 2017 1:32 AM
  • Doesn't look like this was added back in UR2 from what I can see.  I'm assuming it got pushed back due to bug fixes.
    Wednesday, February 8, 2017 3:38 PM
  • Hi,

We have published a script to allow a DPM 2012 R2 server to upgrade to DPM 2016 after you stop protection of VMWare and delete the backups.  This is only intended to help customers who once added VMware server to protection then decided to stop protection and the upgrade is blocked.   This is not intended to help customers who want to maintain VMware backups after upgrading to DPM 2016.    VMware protection will be added to DPM 2016 at a later time.   

How to upgrade DPM 2012 R2 to DPM 2016 if DPM 2012 R2 is used to protect VMware VMs

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, February 9, 2017 12:32 AM