MDT and Windows Product Keys RRS feed

• Question

• In my organization we use Windows 10 Pro and purchase all of our systems from Dell as Windows 10 Pro downgradable to Windows 7 Pro.  We have a volume licensing agreement so I am able to use MDT to deploy the systems with a customized Windows 10 Pro image.  We use the OEM keys that come embedded in the BIOS to activate them after deployment.  I am trying to find a way to automate the Activation.  Either by having Windows grab the key from the BIOS, which doesn't look like is possible unless you are an OEM or have MDT ask for the key when the Tech starts the Deployment.

Are there any solutions out there for this?  Since we don't buy the licenses through the VL agreement I am not sure if we could do KMS or not, and I don't see a KMS key on the VL site anyway.

Thanks

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 1:50 PM

Answers

• I believe KMS requires a VL agreement so KMS would not be an option for you.

No simple way to get OEM license key in MDT automatically.  MDT can prompt for license key by setting SkipProductKey=No in your Customsettings.ini

• Marked as answer by TimTrag Wednesday, September 21, 2016 6:38 PM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2016 5:51 PM