none
MutationObserver not defined, IE 11.0.096, Windows 7 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi people,

    I am using MutationObserver to observe some stuff :) and it works smoothly without errors in Chrome, Moz and Safari 6, but it always shows "MutationObserver is not defined" in Internet Explorer (which I have version 11.0.0096 on a Windows 7).

    I've read every thread I could find on this subject online, and they all say IE 11 natively supports it.

    I have tried both MutationObserver and WebKitMutationObserver but to no avail.

    Has anybody else encountered this problem? If so, help will greatly be appreciated.

    Thank you.

    PS. No alternative solution that is or going to be deprecated, please.

    Tuesday, May 6, 2014 4:55 PM

Answers

  • Hi Roger,

    When you mentioned document mode, I quickly looked at my <doctype! html>, which was fine but then I saw this little devil hiding in the header:

    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=10">

    and fixed it immediately. Thank you for reducing my ignorance :)

    Wednesday, May 7, 2014 11:26 AM

All replies

  • Hi,

    Post questions about html, css and scripting for website development to the IE Web Development forum.... to save confusion include with your question a link to your website or a mashup that shows the issue or copy and paste your 'full' markup so that we can reproduce the issue.

    MSDN - Mutation Observers

    MSDN - IE Web Development forum

    the feature detection for Mutation observer support in ALL web browsers is

    !!window.MutationObserver

    (use modernizr.js for feature testing)

    In MSIE browsers feature support is dependent upon what document Mode or emulation mode you are using in your document... that is why we ask that you include your full markup with your questions.

    thx for your understanding.


    Rob^_^

    Tuesday, May 6, 2014 10:52 PM
  • Hi Roger,

    When you mentioned document mode, I quickly looked at my <doctype! html>, which was fine but then I saw this little devil hiding in the header:

    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=10">

    and fixed it immediately. Thank you for reducing my ignorance :)

    Wednesday, May 7, 2014 11:26 AM