none
Stuck at "Please wait for the Group Policy client..." on Windows 2008

Answers

• Thanks Todd,

I have since read through that post and tried out some of the resolutions to no avail. However, while reviewing the server settings again, noticed that the DMZ card of the server had higher priority than the LAN card, this has been reversed giving the LAN card higher priority, restarted the server afterwards and so far haven't experienced the issue in the last 6hours but still monitoring it.

Will update you on the outcome.

Best regards

• Proposed as answer by Todd Heron Monday, September 12, 2016 12:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by fibipeter Tuesday, September 13, 2016 10:55 AM
    Sunday, September 11, 2016 10:14 PM

All replies

• Have you seen this thread?  Stuck at "Please wait for the Group Policy client..." on Windows 2008 R2?  In it, there are several tips an tricks offered to try, and the problem was ultimatley reported solved by removing the affected computer from the domain, and then re-joining it.

Best Regards, Todd Heron | Active Directory Consultant

Sunday, September 11, 2016 11:32 AM
  • Thanks Todd,

I have since read through that post and tried out some of the resolutions to no avail. However, while reviewing the server settings again, noticed that the DMZ card of the server had higher priority than the LAN card, this has been reversed giving the LAN card higher priority, restarted the server afterwards and so far haven't experienced the issue in the last 6hours but still monitoring it.

Will update you on the outcome.

Best regards

• Proposed as answer by Todd Heron Monday, September 12, 2016 12:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by fibipeter Tuesday, September 13, 2016 10:55 AM
    Sunday, September 11, 2016 10:14 PM
  • Excellent.  I am going to propose your own reply as the answer; in order to help others who experience this problem.

Best Regards, Todd Heron | Active Directory Consultant

Monday, September 12, 2016 12:01 AM
  • Thank Todd,

The server is fine, confirmed the DMZ card was the culprit.

Best regards

• Proposed as answer by Todd Heron Tuesday, September 13, 2016 3:22 AM
    Monday, September 12, 2016 3:49 PM
  • Hi,
    I am glad that the issue is fixed. And appreciate your update and sharing the method to us. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same problem.
    Thank you for your effort again.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 7:58 AM