none
Co-existance and Migration Email Flow

Question

• Hi,

I have Exchange 2010 DAG Multi Role with 2 Servers , I am planning to Introduce Exchange 2013 in my Organization ,  I will create a new DAG on Exchange 2013 Multi Role Server . My Question is about email flow.

1- Right After installing Exchange DAG , Email flow will remain same to Exchange 2010 or it will be changed to Exchange 2013 ?  

2- During Coexistence Mail Flow will be routed to Exchange 2013 even from external and proxy traffic to Exchange 2010. ?   

3- Do i need to change anything on configuration level on Exchange 2010.

Regards

Usman Ghani           

Usman Ghani - MCITP Exchange 2010

Sunday, November 29, 2015 8:45 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Creating DAG on Exchange 2013 with environment will not effect Mailflow. However during coexistence of exchange 2010 & 2013 Mailflow routing depends on how you configure your routing.

Internal & External mailflow, Please try to double check the send and receive connector in Exchange 2013\2010.

Regards,

Praveen

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember to mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you Check out my latest blog posts on Exchange 2016 @ Techrid.com

Sunday, November 29, 2015 8:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Creating DAG on Exchange 2013 with environment will not effect Mailflow. However during coexistence of exchange 2010 & 2013 Mailflow routing depends on how you configure your routing.

Internal & External mailflow, Please try to double check the send and receive connector in Exchange 2013\2010.

Regards,

Praveen

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember to mark as helpful if you find my contribution useful or as an answer if it does answer your question.That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you Check out my latest blog posts on Exchange 2016 @ Techrid.com

Sunday, November 29, 2015 8:21 PM
  • Hi,

As is above mentioned, the mail flow depends on your routing settings.

Please try to configure the send and receive connector in Exchange 2013.

I suggest you should have a look at the following articles to complete the migration:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj898583(v=exchg.150).aspx

http://blogs.technet.com/b/meamcs/archive/2013/07/25/part-2-step-by-step-exchange-2007-to-2013-migration.aspx

Regards,

David 

Monday, November 30, 2015 6:27 AM
  • Hi Usman,

You don't have to create a DAG on ex2013, the first mailbox server installed in the environment will automatically be able to send receive emails to the ex2010 mailboxes.

But as suggested by others, until you change the settings, the primary mailflow will still be on Ex2010. Ex2013 will not participate on Ex2010<->Ex2010<->External mail flow.

You might be also interseted in Client Connectivity in an Exchange 2013 Coexistence Environment.

Regards,

Satyajit

Please “Vote As Helpful” if you find my contribution useful or “Mark As Answer” if it does answer your question. That will encourage me - and others - to take time out to help you.

Monday, November 30, 2015 8:53 AM