Windows 7 x86 "text display bug" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there. Well, I'm using the RC of Win7 x86, and I'm having this issue:

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c328/jamescopiapino/ava/bugwin.jpg (sorry, don't know the html code)

As you can see, the window text display is corrupted. I don't know if it's because I'm using a double-monitor setting or because of my graphics card. It also happens when I maximize or restore down any explorer window.

Additional info:

- Graphics Card: Ati Radeon HD2400

Thanks!

PS: I searched and couldn't find anything related to this.
    Tuesday, October 6, 2009 4:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my experience, display issues can be related to several factors such as incompatible screen resolution, missing or corrupted video driver, corrupted system files. To troubleshoot this kind of issue, I would like to propose the following suggestions:

1. Disconnect another monitor to see if the issue persists. 
    2. Change to the lower screen resolution and change System DPI scaling to see how it appears.
    3. Download the latest video driver and reinstall it.
    4. Run sfc /scannow to automatically fix corrupted system files.

Disclaimer: we provide third party website for downloading driver, Microsoft doesn't control and guarantee any changes in this website.

More references:

Troubleshoot monitor and video card problems

Best Regards
    Dale
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 6:11 AM
  • Out of curiosity, does it happen only when Aero Glass is enabled?

My first impression is that it sure looks like a problem with the video drivers.  Are you up to date with the latest drivers from ATI?

FYI, from where I sit your ClearType is either set to an atypical setting (GBR) or is being improperly rendered.  Do your characters appear to have color fringes on your monitor?

-Noel
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 6:34 AM