Disk management hangs !!! RRS feed

• Question

• When I get into disk management it hanging, I have done the troubleshooting and found its because of one service, when it is disabled, disk management working fine. The service causing this issue is very important for the client, it belongs to an application. Service name "Device Block". is there anyway to bypass this service. I want this service to be enabled without making any issue. Help Please ??????

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:54 AM

Answers

• Hi,

There might be caused by some driver compatibility. We really don't know this application well.  So I would like you to ask this application vender for further and professional help.

Karen Hu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by 暁北 Monday, February 24, 2014 1:35 PM
    Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:07 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you let us know which application had this services? Because this service is not belong to Microsoft. We don't know if you disable it whether affect the normal usage of that application?

If you could ensure it, you could diable it:

1. click WIN+R, type "services.msc", press Enter key;

2. in the Services window, find out this service;

3. double click it, change its Startup type as"Manual";

4. click Apply and OK button.

Karen Hu

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:43 AM
  • See if you've any alternate application available who could do the same. It might be possible that particular application initiated has been conflicting with Windows. As for the rest, you can folow Karen Hu solution and see if the manually starting the services could help you. 

Thanks!!

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 6:28 AM
  • Hi, device lock is the application. I know it's not the Microsoft service. This application is running fine on dell machine, but not working with Lenovo, is there any way out to fix this.
    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 7:06 AM
  • Hi,

There might be caused by some driver compatibility. We really don't know this application well.  So I would like you to ask this application vender for further and professional help.

Karen Hu

• Marked as answer by 暁北 Monday, February 24, 2014 1:35 PM
    Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:07 AM