none
Project Owner not mapping when using Create Project in Ideation Custom list RRS feed

• Question

• I have a custom ideation list in Project Online used for project proposals. When using the Create Project function in the ribbon, I select the mapping from my Project Owner people picker field to map to Project Owner ID. The Project is then created successfully, however the Project Owner is listed as the person who clicked the Create Project button in the ribbon, not the name in the Project Owner field. This also occurs when running from SPD workflow. I know in on-premise situation this works as I expect ... is this a bug in Project Online?

Thanks,

Josh

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 2:00 PM

All replies

• The project owner by default is the person who creates the project. This can be edited and changed to another user after the project is fully created.

As I understand... you have added the Project Owner field to the required information when creating a project. When the project is created it is still showing the user who created the project as the owner. When you are expecting this to be the user populated within the project owner field before the project was created

As always for Project Online / Office 365 services you can always log a service request for support.

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 5:09 PM
  • Hi Josh,

When I implemented this functionality some time ago (project server/on premise) same happened so I am not sure if it really works for the on-premise either (I haven't checked following SP1/latest CU release)

Paul

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 5:10 PM
  • Josh,

Just wanted to say that, I was able to reproduce your issue. It works as expected on-prem, but not as online. I will update once I have more info on any posisble resolution.

Cheers,

Prasanna Adavi, Project MVP

Blog:   Podcast:    Twitter:    LinkedIn:   

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 7:28 PM
  • Thanks Prasanna - a related issue with the on-prem solution is that even though Project Owner is set, the Status Manager is NOT set. This is particularly frustrating if you have a schedule template. Someone either needs to delegate as the Owner and set the Status Manager column for all tasks, or the new Owner must do it. Both are in need of improvement!
    Friday, March 13, 2015 6:40 PM
  • I'm currently experiencing the same issue.

As far as I can recall this used to work in Project online. When we checked it this week suddenly the userfield was not properly mapped.

Trying now to fix this with microsoft support.

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 11:41 AM