Silverlight problems with Self-Service Portal RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We're considering introducing SCSM in our offices. Unfortunately I am having some problems with it and I'm hoping you will be able to help me to resolve them.

As of now, the problems I'm facing are related to the Self-Service Portal. Here's what's happening:

1) When using Internet Explorer, the Silverlight portion showing all the offerings is blank, white. As if Silverlight is not loading properly. Oddly enough, If I refresh it a few times it may eventually appear, though not necessarily. I have first tried with IE 11 and Silverlight 5 (the newest available version). Afterwards I downgraded to Silverlight 4, which did not make a difference. I the end I downgraded to IE 10, which also did not do anything.

2) When using Firefox, it's a whole different story. The offerings do appear as they should. However when I select "Go to Request Form", I get nothing. I can see the Back, Next and Cancel buttons. Clicking Next does not do anything, HOWEVER, if I afterwards hit Cancel, I get a Silverlight error:

Unhandled Error in Silverlight Application:[ArgumentOutOfRange_Index}\nArguments: \nDebugging resource strings are unavailable. Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnose the problem...

I currently have one service offering, containing 2 Request Offerings using out-of-the-box General Incident and Printing Templates. Same stuff happens on both of them.

I have tested this on 2 standard accounts, an admin account that has all admin right on SCSM, on 2 workstations and directly from the server hosting the Self-Service Portal. Doesn't work on any of them.

I can view the Settings.xml file on all of those workstations, so this part is correct.

Please advise.

Kind regards,

Wojciech

Thursday, June 11, 2015 9:31 AM

Answers

All replies

• The most likely cause of a blank self service portal is a certificate issue on the content site, but be sure to look at the FAQ on this behavior, in case there is something else in there. 
    Thursday, June 11, 2015 12:45 PM
  • Hi,

The following technet article explains the reasons why SM SSP is blank and how to resolve it.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh667343(en-us).aspx

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 12, 2015 5:56 AM
  • Hello,

My apologies for the late reply. Those links had proven to be helpful. After playing with the certificates a little bit, I was able to get the portal to work on Internet Explorer. At the same time it stopped working on Firefox, but I can live with that:)

My second problem still persists though. I am unable to view the forms of any published offerings. When I go to the form there is nothing there, only the Back, Next and Cancel buttons. Hitting Next and Cancel produces the Silverlight error I mentioned in the first post.

I did notice however, that I can make a Generic Incident Request without any problems. Only those that I have published myself are causing the problem.

Kind regards,

Wojciech.

EDIT:

Ok, this was an error on my part. I did not map any user prompts so the form was blank. All is good now.

• Edited by rozanw Tuesday, June 16, 2015 7:42 AM
    Tuesday, June 16, 2015 7:32 AM