none
SQL MA exported-change-not-reimported RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I've got two SQL MAs that I'm trying to sync some attributes between.  These are DateofBirth and ExpectedEndDate.

In the source SQL table I get these values in the format 1968-07-23 00:00:00.000

I can flow these values in to the metaverse via a direct flow on the source MA and export them to the destination SQL table.  If I look directly at the destination table with SQL Management Studio I can see that these have been populated correctly.  However when I do my confirming import I get the 'exported-change-not-reimported' error and when I look at what it is trying to do I see:

Imported Value 1968-07-23 00:00:00

Export Value 1968-07-23 00:00:00.000

It's been a very long week and maybe I'm missing something obvious but why is it trying to import a different value from what I can see in the destination SQL table?   Any ideas what I can do about this?

Thanks for any help.

Thursday, February 28, 2019 6:36 PM

All replies

• Did you fix this?  It sounds like the data type on the SQL table is not set to the correct datetime.  I had this issue with an HR MA.  So, I used a Sync rule to convert it.

DateTimeFormat(Adj_Hire_Date,"yyyy-MM-ddT08:00:00.000")⇒employeeStartDate

Mike Leach | http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/mleach/default.aspx

• Edited by Mike H Leach Tuesday, March 19, 2019 4:11 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Mike H Leach Friday, March 22, 2019 12:34 PM
    Tuesday, March 19, 2019 4:11 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your reply.   You are correct it was an issue with the SQL data type.  The DBA amended the data type on the source table to match the destination table and the errors stopped.

Friday, March 22, 2019 9:30 AM