none
Attaching non-trusted domain to DPM 2012 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Now hopefully someone here is going to be able to help me with a rather annoying issue that has been driving me crazy for the past few day or so.

So I have got a DPM 2012 R2 server which backs up all of our Virtual Machines, Files, SQL DBs. Now I have come in this morning to find that an agent is un-reachable on a certain Virtual Machine so I done the norm of assuming the password had expired.

Yet to my knowledge, I ran the following command on the server I needed backing up: set-dpmserver dpmservername [SERVER] -isnondomainserver -username [USER]. Followed by the password.

Now when I go over to the DPM 2012 R2 server (which sits in another domain) and attach the agent I get the error:

Error 32680: The credentials specified for server [SERVER] are invalid.
    Recommended action: Rerun the operation with the same credentials that were provided when running SetDpmServer for the target server.

Now I am 110% sure that I am entering the credentials correctly and have even got someone to watch over me whilst I type them out.

Has anyone got any idea on the problem?

I have fully patched the server with all the newest updates, I have made sure that the account that is created is in the 3 DPM groups if you like. DCOM is also enabled so that's fine, I have checked the limits inside Component Services and that also checks out.

As far as I can see all the services are starting/stopping perfectly fine and all logons for those services are working correctly.

Both servers can ping each other by IP and FQDN - As far as I am aware I can't actually see a problem!

I am going to do a reboot of the server that needs a backup tonight to see if that clears any issues but just thought I would see if anyone had any ideas.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Kyle

• Edited by Kyle Moody Monday, October 24, 2016 2:51 PM
    Monday, October 24, 2016 2:49 PM

All replies

• Just for reference I managed to solve by removing the protection agent on the protected server and re-install a newer version.

Re-ran the command set-dpmserver and re-attached agent in DPM, got the all clear and protected everything fine.

Monday, October 24, 2016 8:47 PM