Sound & Video RRS feed

• Question

• OK I justed installed Windows 7 Ultimate N onto my Dell Latitude 110L. A success install, but know my sound & video are not working went to the Dell website where I usually go when I have a problem. Well this time was not a success for Me at all. My version of the windows I installed from you is not working for Me. I have had a few individuals try and help Me but to no success. I do not need to buy some kind of software that will help Me update My missing or out of date drivers when I can come to you for help. I would really appreciate you sevice at this time of desperate need. My resloution is not able to adjust either. The driver for it is missing or not installed. My resolution is set at 800x600 I can not even detect my external monitor. HELP ME please!

Thank you,

Robert Ancira

A first time subscriber to you 

Monday, April 18, 2011 8:33 PM

Answers

• Thank you for Your input.. I did a reinstall of windows 7 again contacted Microsoft after I was informed by my comp to do so... What Microsoft did was trace the steps I did when I went to Dell drivers&downloads & No my comp was not supported by Vista & 7 did a Sigmatel download and the video download from the selected OS by selecting the MS-DOS choice from Dell, downloaded both. Ran both by right clicking the download>select the Compatibility mode> select run this program in compatibility mode for: what is recommended which in my case Windows XP(Service Pack 3)>select the Privilege Level box> select Run this program as an administrator> hit OK. From there you right click the download program and select run as administrator... BOTH WERE SUCCESSFUL YES GRAPHICS & SOUND NOW WORKING am I excited Yes I am sooo now I'm sharing the info among all My fellow veteran Techs..... You are all appreciated by me...
    Thank You,
    Robert Ancira
    • Proposed as answer by willy_zeng Wednesday, April 20, 2011 3:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Friday, April 22, 2011 5:18 AM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 8:45 PM

All replies

• You got to be joking right.... After July 12, 2011 XP will no longer be supported by Microsoft unless you pay out of pocket for security updates & patches... Is there anything that may work...

Robert Ancira

Monday, April 18, 2011 9:32 PM
  • Thank you for Your input.. I did a reinstall of windows 7 again contacted Microsoft after I was informed by my comp to do so... What Microsoft did was trace the steps I did when I went to Dell drivers&downloads & No my comp was not supported by Vista & 7 did a Sigmatel download and the video download from the selected OS by selecting the MS-DOS choice from Dell, downloaded both. Ran both by right clicking the download>select the Compatibility mode> select run this program in compatibility mode for: what is recommended which in my case Windows XP(Service Pack 3)>select the Privilege Level box> select Run this program as an administrator> hit OK. From there you right click the download program and select run as administrator... BOTH WERE SUCCESSFUL YES GRAPHICS & SOUND NOW WORKING am I excited Yes I am sooo now I'm sharing the info among all My fellow veteran Techs..... You are all appreciated by me...
    Thank You,
    Robert Ancira
    • Proposed as answer by willy_zeng Wednesday, April 20, 2011 3:34 AM
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Friday, April 22, 2011 5:18 AM
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 8:45 PM