none
Project Server 2007 "Access Denied" errors to all users since upgrading to Windows 7. Please help. RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone help please?

I am an EPM Administrator for my company and we are currently using Project Server 2007. Our company has recently upgraded from XP to Windows 7. Since the upgrade on a very regular basis users are locked out of the system and recieve the following error:

Error: Access Denied

Current User

You are currently signed in as: MSDOMAIN\xxxxx

Sign in as a different user

The only way to fix this error on a case by case basis seems to be to take the user out of their current security group, put them into the Administrators group, remove them from the administrators group and then put them back in their original security group. This works temporarily only, within a few days I get the same user calling me up to reset their access. I have over 200 system users and the overhead is becoming ridiculous.

Our IT group has no Project Server experts and so the problem was escalated to microsoft nearly 2 months ago and still no resolution. We need a permanent solution and nobody seems to know what the issue is. The best I can guess is that its a compatibility issue between Project server 2007 and Windows 7, but nobody can even confirm this for me so far.

Is there anyone out there who might be able to shed some light on this issue?

Thanks for your time.

Lorenzo

Monday, September 17, 2012 7:11 AM

All replies

• Hiya,

I presume you have read this article?

Plan browser support (Project Server)
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc197634%28v=office.12%29.aspx

There are a few things to consider in that article, which might apply to your setup.

Monday, September 17, 2012 12:50 PM
  • Thanks for your response Jesper. I will review this and see if it helps.

Cheers,

Lorenzo

Lorenzo Nigli

Wednesday, September 19, 2012 6:55 AM