Some BizTalk MP Alerts not being sent as notifications RRS feed

• Question

• I know it is not an issue with the Channel because I use the same channel for other notifications. I know it isnt the subcription or subscribers because those work for other alerts. I started to look through the rule to see if I could find the problem but then I realized that this alert used to trigger a notification. I have tried rebooting the RMS and restarting the SCOM agent service on the monitored server. The alert shows up in the SCOM Console just fine, the issue is no alert. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Wednesday, September 22, 2010 5:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If the issue only happens on some BizTalk MP alerts, it should be related to this MP. How about removing and reinstalling it to check the results?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Vivian Xing Wednesday, September 29, 2010 9:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Wednesday, October 6, 2010 6:30 AM
    Monday, September 27, 2010 9:43 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I would like to confirm if any error or event is logged regarding this alert or the notification.

The following article gives some methods about troubleshooting of Alert notification issue. Hope it helps:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/operationsmgr/archive/2010/08/11/alert-notification-troubleshooting-in-system-center-operations-manager-2007.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 6:35 AM
  • Yeah I found that article and the notifications were posted to the log file but I still do not get notifications for some alerts. But I get all other notifications.
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 12:50 PM
  • Hi.  This probably doesn't help, but I continue to have a problem where sometimes alerts that are coming from the HP ProLiant MP don't work through subscriptions.  If I set the resolution state to New, even though the state is already new, then the subscription engine picks it up and processes it.  (Sorry, I can't find my previous thread that describes this issue).
    Layne
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 3:23 PM
  • that may have worked for you, but it did not work for me.
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 7:32 PM
  • Hi,

If the issue only happens on some BizTalk MP alerts, it should be related to this MP. How about removing and reinstalling it to check the results?

• Proposed as answer by Vivian Xing Wednesday, September 29, 2010 9:21 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Wednesday, October 6, 2010 6:30 AM
    Monday, September 27, 2010 9:43 AM