none
cannot connect project professional 2013 with project web app RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

One of my customer cannot access between Project Professional 2013 with Project Web App, they are getting an error message that cannot connect to Project Server.

Wich are the requirements (network o IE) in order to avoid this kind of issues regarding authentication between Project Pro 2013 and Project Web App?  (our customer can access OK via Internet Explorer, only he can this behavior in that computer accesing via Project Professional 2013)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-

Thursday, October 17, 2013 10:21 AM

All replies

• Hi Pedro,

Just some thoughts:

• Is the PWA created as an account in Project Professional?
    • Is the granted the Log on to Project Server from Project Professional?
    • Which version is Project Professional? It has to be newer than the version number specified in Central Administration --> General Application Settings --> PWA Settings --> Additional Server Settings page

Best Regards,

Casper

Thursday, October 17, 2013 11:52 AM
  • Dear Casper,

Regarding this point:

in Central Administration --> General Application Settings --> PWA Settings --> Additional Server Settings page...In case that I work in a Tenant Project Web App...what can I do? In order to check it?

Other thing to check (Internet Explorer,...etc???) Any more suggestions please?

Thanks a lot for your appreciated time and best regards,

Pedrof.-

Pedrof.-

Thursday, October 17, 2013 12:15 PM
  • Pedrof,

Is this issue user specific? Verify the PWA URL in manage accounts section of Project Professional. Try creating another profile. Can user access PWA ?

Hrishi Deshpande Senior Consultant

Thursday, October 17, 2013 4:01 PM
  • Is the user setup with the right permission to use MS Project with project server?  Is the project server account setup correctly?

Thursday, October 17, 2013 5:34 PM