none
Unable to add IE11 Group Policy Preferences despite up to date template RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm trying to create a GPO for IE11, specifically to set proxy settings etc. I have loaded the latest IE ADMX and ADML into the Group Policy Central store and refreshed group policy on the client I am using to create the policy.

When I go to User--Preferences--Control Panel Settings--Internet Settings then New, I only have options for:

Internet Explorer 5 and 6 

Internet Explorer 7

Internet Explorer 8

Is there something I am doing incorrectly as I would expect to see an option for IE10 and 11 here?

I can see new IE11 specific settings in the Admin Templates section, Enterprise Mode etc so its obviously getting something from the INETRES.admx (version 11.0)

Thanks

Jonathan

Wednesday, May 20, 2015 3:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This might be an old topic, I am supposing you are using Windows server 2008 or older and already installed newest Administrative Templates for Windows Internet Explorer 10 on your DC. You would think installing Internet Explorer 10/11 on a Windows 2008 R2 or Windows 7 would add the preferences but unfortunately it does not, because it is not related to ADMX, You actually need a Windows 8/8.1 + RSAT or Windows 2012/2012 R2 to see and manage Internet Explorer 10 (and 11 but you do not see 11) preferences.

You also could manager it by using Administrative Templates or IEAK 11 as a workaround.

For further information, you could also post at server group policy forum. Because there you can get more effective suggestion from similar discussion.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/home?forum=winserverGP

Regards,

D. Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 26, 2015 1:02 AM