none
FIM Export data to AD LDS no result RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone!

I'm the novice with FIM.

I have a situation where I need to sync data (users with passwords) from AD to ADLDS  with FIM.

First of all I successfully set up FIM AD DS Management Agent to import user and some attributes (cn, displayname,objectSID,unicodePWD). And I received a sync statistic report of successful add to Metaverse DB 6 users.

Second is I have been trying to export Metaverse data to AD LDS without any result.

I think the problem is in a AD LDS Management Agent settings or run profile.  I set Data flow direction - export everywhere.  

What am I doing wrong? 

Best Regards, 

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 1:40 PM

All replies

• Did you enable Synch Rule provisioning? (Tools > Options > Enable Synch. Rule Provisioning)

The data above this text is pseudorandom, brace yourselves.

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 6:01 PM
  • Did you enable Synch Rule provisioning? (Tools > Options > Enable Synch. Rule Provisioning)

The data above this text is pseudorandom, brace yourselves.

Sounds logical. Option is set. But no reaction.

For example I changed sync direction between MA ADLDS to AD. The new ADLDS objects has been added to metaverse sucessful.

After that I ran MA ADDS "Run Profile" export step. ADDS MA showed me no result again.

Thursday, December 18, 2014 12:55 PM
  • On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 12:55:18 +0000, Mikhail Danilov wrote:

For example I changed sync direction between MA ADLDS to AD. The new ADLDS objects has been added to metaverse sucessful.

After that I ran MA ADDS "Run Profile" export step. ADDS MA showed me no result again.

You need to write some code to enable provisioning with just the synch
    engine. You can find plenty of example on the web.

Paul Adare - FIM CM MVP
    Usenet: open mouth, insert foot, propagate internationally

Thursday, December 18, 2014 1:43 PM
  • On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 12:55:18 +0000, Mikhail Danilov wrote:

You need to write some code to enable provisioning with just the synch
    engine. You can find plenty of example on the web.

Paul Adare - FIM CM MVP
    Usenet: open mouth, insert foot, propagate internationally

Paul, You mean sync service is not automated. Could you provide some example of code in my case? 

Friday, December 19, 2014 7:38 AM
  • Mikhail, Dig Dipper

Related Links:

- Provision to AD LDS

- Step 8: Create the MVExtension DLL (!)

- Step 9: Create a FIM metaverse rules extension (!)

Success doesn't come to you…you go to it.

MCSE

• Edited by Jc29 Wednesday, December 24, 2014 12:59 PM add link "Step 9: Create a FIM metaverse rules extension"
    Wednesday, December 24, 2014 10:40 AM