none
Secured web service - Signed SOAP xml with pfx. Is it possible?

General discussion

• Hello everyone,

I'm a not good at Web services and C#.

I'm looking for a solution to exchange data between an application server and a secured web service. Overview:

- There is a PFX file present which contains the client certificate and the private key.

- The PFX is installed on the application server. 

- I can't approach the service endpoint through a browser e.g. internet explorer. Even with a certificate.

- I received a SOAPUI project with already the bindings and methods defined (Can't insert the URL). I just needed to reference the PFX file in the settings. I compile a test for a method in the form of a SOAP message and I succesfully receive a response.

-I think because I'm using SSIS I can't use WSE or WCF approaches.

I need to generate the following SOAP header structure:

Now in C# how can I realize the same effect as in SOAPUI? At first I tried manually composing the soapmessage and posting it to the service, but I think this is not possible, because I can't seem to generate a security binary token. Now I'm thinking about generating proxy classes. Since I don''t have acces to the URL endpoint, I'll have to use offline versions of the WSDL + XSD's. Can the proxy class approach work with the web service security? 

Thx 

Friday, July 04, 2014 10:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As you said, that your service is not WCf Service, but this forum is used for the WCF Service, so please try to post it to this forum for better support.

ASMX and other Web Services:
    http://forums.asp.net/28.aspx .

Thanks.

• Edited by Test Na Monday, July 14, 2014 1:48 AM
    Tuesday, July 08, 2014 8:27 AM