What does More link do exactly at the end of quick search results RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone explain or point me to an article that explains exactly what results are being returned when a user clicks the More link at the end of a search query list? I'm looking to give my users tips on improving their search results and this 'More' button seems to expand the results returned from a search.

THX> Eric

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 2:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Eric,

For performance reasons, Search feature brings the first 250 results for Outlook 2013 and later versions, whilst the limit is 200 for Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2007. Clicking "More" will display all results.

If you want Outlook to bring all results for any reason, you can do it by following these steps:

• In Outlook, go to File > Options > Search
    • Deselect/untick "Improve search speed by limiting the number of results shown" option.
    • Click OK.
    • Restart Outlook.

Regards,
    Burak V.

• Edited by Burak VAROL Tuesday, October 15, 2019 7:31 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Aaron-PS Tuesday, October 15, 2019 7:36 PM
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 7:18 PM
  • Hi Eric,

Just check in to see if ther information of Burak was helpful. If it is helpful, do you mind helping mark the post above as answer so that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 7:54 AM
  • Hi,

Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information. This will make answer searching in the forum easier!

Request/Expectation:

What does More link do exactly at the end of quick search results?

Solution Summary:

For performance reasons, Search feature brings the first 250 results for Outlook 2013 and later versions, whilst the limit is 200 for Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2007. Clicking "More" will display all results.

If you want Outlook to bring all results for any reason, you can do it by following these steps:

1. In Outlook, go to File > Options > Search
    2. Deselect/untick "Improve search speed by limiting the number of results shown" option.
    3. Click OK and restart Outlook.

Reference Links:

No.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 6:47 AM