none
Activation and using Project 2016 with keys registered to admin account RRS feed

• Question

• I recently purchased two Project Standard 2016 keys and registered both to my Live account (it let me do this, just as I did with numerous Office 2016 keys). I am the IT manager of a small company, and using one account to manage all keys worked for Office 2016, but it does not work for Project 2016. When I have the users that need to use Project 2016 open the application, it asks for a key, which I input, but then it asks for the user to sign in to a Live account to complete activation. Since these keys are tied to my account, it gives the users an error when trying to complete activation. There does not seem to be a way to keep these products activated.

I just bought $1000 worth of software that I can't keep activated. Office 2016 seems to be fine with this, yet Project 2016 does not. There was absolutely no indication on either Microsoft's or Newegg's page that this software required individual Live accounts to activate. This is extremely frustrating. How can I activate these while keeping my product keys on my own account, so that they stay activated when the user closes and reopens Project?

• Edited by SRTie4k Thursday, June 15, 2017 12:30 PM Edited title
    Thursday, June 15, 2017 12:29 PM

All replies

• SRTie4k,

Those of us who respond on this forum do not work for Microsoft so this is not the best place to get an answer to your question. I suggest you post to the Answers forum below where Microsoft employees do regularly respond to user questions.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_project?sort=lastreplydate&dir=desc&tab=threads&status=all&mod=&modAge=&advFil=&postedAfter=&postedBefore=&threadType=all&tm=1473559305439

Update: The user re-posted this to the Answers forum.

John

Thursday, June 15, 2017 1:29 PM