none
Initialstore.xml missing on Windows Servere 2016 Hyper-V role

Question

• I Just install windows server 2016 w Hyper-v role install for evaluation. Try to configure Hyper-V to delegate management with Authorization Manager, but cannot find the initialstore.xml. Try to recreate it, but it is an empty one, no operation when I try to add a task.

Where can I found a fresh good one, or did something change in 2016 not aware of?

Thanks.

Friday, March 31, 2017 12:41 PM

All replies

• AzMan support for Hyper-V was deprecated in 2012 and removed in 2012 R2. You cannot use it to manage access beyond 2012.

VMM is the official solution or you can roll your own with constrained PowerShell endpoints.

Eric Siron
    Altaro Hyper-V Blog
    I am an independent contributor, not an Altaro employee. I accept all responsibility for the content of my posts. You accept all responsibility for any actions that you take based on the content of my posts.

Friday, March 31, 2017 12:44 PM
  • Hi Siron.

Thanks for your answer. base on my own research, that's what I thought. Not that much information But what is amazing it is still mention as part of the 70-743 MCSA Upgrade exam.

Chapter 3 : Install and configure Hyper-V in the "Delegate virtual Machine Management" Section

Microsoft should correct this

Thanks anyway, Have a nice day

jasmin

Friday, March 31, 2017 5:14 PM
  • found the link

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn741277(v=ws.11).aspx#Hyper-V Administration

Friday, March 31, 2017 5:21 PM
  • It is interesting that the Microsoft Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA: Windows Server 2016 Exam Ref 70-743 book, explicitly calls out using this non existent file with Azman for 2016.  Sadly, this book really does appear to be a piece of crap on multiple levels.

Sunday, January 28, 2018 7:55 PM