none
DPM 2012 R2 - Migrate DPMDB from Local to Remote SQL RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

Our DPM 2012 R2 instance sits on a Windows Server 2008 R2 host that is running low on C:\ capacity. The DPMDB has grown to almost 10GB, so I'm looking to migrate this to a remote SQL server.

Would someone kindly be able to detail the procedure to allow me to achieve this migration?

Should any further detail be required I am happy to supply.

Thanks in advance.

• Edited by six4rm Tuesday, March 17, 2015 12:02 PM
    Tuesday, March 17, 2015 11:51 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

You can use this TechNet article : https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh758049.aspx

Another way is to backup the DB, transfer it to the new server, and reinstall the DPM server, as said in the article.

• Marked as answer by six4rm Wednesday, March 18, 2015 2:22 PM
    Tuesday, March 17, 2015 2:02 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, and make sure that the new installation of DPM has the same Update Rollup installed before restoring the original DPMDB and before running DPMSYNC -Sync command.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 2:38 PM
  • OK brilliant, so it's an uninstall, reinstall effectively.

Many thanks!

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 2:23 PM