ieee 1394 bus host controller not showing up windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• trying to get my jvc camera to be recognised by windows 10 but this so called driver "ieee 1394 bus host controller not showing up in my device driver"
    Thursday, April 6, 2017 9:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Evan,

This issue occurs because the legacy 1394 bus drivers (1394bus.sys and Ochi1394.sys) are removed.

Please download the Legacy driver from the following page and follow the installing directions on that same support page:

FireWire port-based device does not work correctly in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/2970191/firewire-port-based-device-does-not-work-correctly-in-windows-8.1-or-windows-8

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, April 7, 2017 2:02 AM
  • On my PC I was running a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro 64bit. My mainboard is a ASUS Z87 PRO and I mounted on it a popular HP PCIe Firewire card 1394b (NK653AA) that always worked good on the old slow PC.

Following your suggestion I downloaded the 64bit package and installed the .msi file.

Than I followed the first two steps (1. Right-click the Legacy1394.inf file under the path C:\Program Files\1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy)\x64_driver       2.Click Install), but the "IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers" still missing into device manager and so I can't go on.

Please, could you kindly check and give me a working fix for this problem?

• Edited by -Christian Friday, April 26, 2019 2:43 PM
    Friday, April 26, 2019 2:43 PM
  • Hello,

could you find a solution for you problem afterall? I am facing the exact same issue now, my PCIe Firewire card does now show up in the Win10 Pro device manager even after installing the legacy IEEE 1394 driver.

There is no "IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers" option at all... :(

Thursday, July 30, 2020 8:08 AM