none
IE11 shortcut slowness RRS feed

• Question

• IE 11 shortcut takes long time to launch .

We have placed a shortcut on all users desktops for homepage

However when user clicks the shortcut , it takes around 10-20 seconds to open it

another thing i noticed whne IE is closed and reopned , it somehow opens the closed tabs again

We use IE11 and Windows 7

Monday, May 1, 2017 2:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Firstly, I suggest to disable all add-ons then check again.

In fact, personally speaking, I think put IE’s shortcut on desktop is enough, just configure Home page in Internet Options, clicking IE shortcut will open home page in default.

Besides, you could type ie in search box to open IE, if browser opened quickly by this way, it indicates that IE itself is healthy, just shortcut has trouble, rebuild a shortcut may fix issue.

Regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 7:20 AM
  • Thank you , I couldn't find much details as well.

Just noticed something , does IE policies take longer to apply (like we set Homepage , sec zone , etc using Group Policies and what i have noticed when a new user launches IE for the first time on a new computer they do not get these policies immediately .. Eventually possibly after and hour or so and subsequent logins work fine.

I feel IE polices apply slowly and not during the first logon -- any comments.

Sunday, June 11, 2017 5:46 AM