some service issues starting with application error RRS feed

• Question

• this error has only started happening too me in the rc build 7100, the 7000 build was problem free for me but after failed re-downloads of the rc and many re installs I'm resorting to posting here.

so to some up my problem while playing grid, prototype, or grand theft auto 4 my problem starts randomly (usually 5mins - 1 hour) either the dcom service process launcher, plug and play or power service fails and calls for a reboot. after looking under the event viewer i found event 1000 application error ends up causing the chaos.
    here is what is given too me under the general tab in the event viewer:

Faulting application name: svchost.exe_PlugPlay, version: 6.1.7100.0, time stamp: 0x49ee9074
    Faulting module name: RPCRT4.dll, version: 6.1.7100.0, time stamp: 0x49eeab16
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000002c7a7
    Faulting process id: 0x28c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01ca0f48eb1cdefd
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\RPCRT4.dll
    Report Id: d6504df8-7b55-11de-adfd-00241d11a778

log name: application     source: application error
    event id: 1000    task category: (100)
    level: error     keywords classic
    user: n/a

imediately after that error i get 3 more errors event id: 7031,service control manager for the dcom service launcher, plug and play, power
    with the following description:
    (either of the above 3) service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Reboot the machine.

then 3 event id 7032 service control mangers for the triple call for shutdown

I'm puzzled as i said before i have tried reinstalling multiple drivers for all my devices, tried switching out hardware but i can admit I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack when it comes to service errors so help is appreciated.
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 6:58 AM

Answers

• OK apparently the 4.0 .net framework is working so far i was able to play for a good long amount so it seems to be a temporary fix i will post up if it decides to fail or not.

it ended up failing but I'm getting closer too the root of my problems considering i was able to play for a great deal longer then usual.
    • Edited by mr. biggums Friday, July 31, 2009 2:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Saroj Thakur Tuesday, October 6, 2009 1:24 PM
    Friday, July 31, 2009 1:26 AM

All replies

• this error has only started happening too me in the rc build 7100, the 7000 build was problem free for me but after failed re-downloads of the rc and many re installs I'm resorting to posting here.

so to some up my problem while playing grid, prototype, or grand theft auto 4 my problem starts randomly (usually 5mins - 1 hour) either the dcom service process launcher, plug and play or power service fails and calls for a reboot. after looking under the event viewer i found event 1000 application error ends up causing the chaos.
    here is what is given too me under the general tab in the event viewer:

Faulting application name: svchost.exe_PlugPlay, version: 6.1.7100.0, time stamp: 0x49ee9074
    Faulting module name: RPCRT4.dll, version: 6.1.7100.0, time stamp: 0x49eeab16
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000002c7a7
    Faulting process id: 0x28c
    Faulting application start time: 0x01ca0f48eb1cdefd
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\RPCRT4.dll
    Report Id: d6504df8-7b55-11de-adfd-00241d11a778

log name: application     source: application error
    event id: 1000    task category: (100)
    level: error     keywords classic
    user: n/a

imediately after that error i get 3 more errors event id: 7031,service control manager for the dcom service launcher, plug and play, power
    with the following description:
    (either of the above 3) service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Reboot the machine.

then 3 event id 7032 service control mangers for the triple call for shutdown

I'm puzzled as i said before i have tried reinstalling multiple drivers for all my devices, tried switching out hardware but i can admit I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack when it comes to service errors so help is appreciated.
    It soulds like you have an API issue and something possibly a device driver is causing it have you tried updating all your drivers via windows Update and via Manufacture's websites?? Also here's some info on that dll "rpcrt4.dll is the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) API, used by Windows applications for network and Internet communication. - rpcrt4.dll should not be disabled, required for essential applications to work properly.. " Also if you have standby/sleep/hibernate enabled then disable it as this maybe the cause...

Experience is Use/Knowledge and understanding that Use/Knowledge is the key to Experience. -JJTech
    Windows 7 RC: Remember now this OS is not final and is Subject to all kinds of things that can very on different hardware. -JJTech

My System:
    OS: Windows 7 RC Built-7100 64Bit, Mobo: Gigabyte Socket:AM2 GA-M61P-S3, CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core +6000 @ 3.10GHZ, Ram: Kingston 2x2GB PC6400 DDR2, GFX: Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 3870, SFX: Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 8:53 AM
  • well i think i finally found the problem it was the logitech g15 and the wired xbox 360 controller. with either of them plugged in it caused the issue but when i threw in my old 10 ps2 keyboard i could go too my hearts content. so i suppose the drivers that are currently out with the two are not playing nice.
    i suppose I'll have to go back to xp or vista depending which disc i find first.
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 6:37 PM
  • well my theory of it being the keyboard and or controller was just proven wrong by it doing it with the ps2 keyboard and mouse sigh, well back to the drawing board i suppose. i still cant find those installation discs.
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 6:16 AM
  • well i think i finally found the problem it was the logitech g15 and the wired xbox 360 controller. with either of them plugged in it caused the issue but when i threw in my old 10 ps2 keyboard i could go too my hearts content. so i suppose the drivers that are currently out with the two are not playing nice.
    i suppose I'll have to go back to xp or vista depending which disc i find first.
    I'm using the Logitech G15-v2 keyboard with no issues with the MS drivers installed because Logitech wont support W7 till its released. So i hardly dought it is that unless you are using incompatible drivers for it.

Experience is Use/Knowledge and understanding that Use/Knowledge is the key to Experience. -JJTech
    Windows 7 RC: Remember now this OS is not final and is Subject to all kinds of things that can very on different hardware. -JJTech

My System:
    OS: Windows 7 RC Built-7100 64Bit, Mobo: Gigabyte Socket:AM2 GA-M61P-S3, CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core +6000 @ 3.10GHZ, Ram: Kingston 2x2GB PC6400 DDR2, GFX: Sapphire ATi Radeon HD 3870, SFX: Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 6:27 AM
  • well i finally found one other person that is having the same issue as me over on overclock.net, the only thing that has me and him related is a cpu the motherboards are slightly different except his is a higher end chipset. so want I'm thinking is amd chipsets drivers are just not liking windows 7 rc and hopefully that doesn't follow into the full version come October considering it never happened in the 7000 build. i'm going to continue fiddling gradually updating this with what doesn't work i just installed the 3.5 .net framework see if that does anything for my cause i just noticed there was registry errors saying it wasn't there so i will give it a try i suppose.
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 9:42 PM
  • OK apparently the 4.0 .net framework is working so far i was able to play for a good long amount so it seems to be a temporary fix i will post up if it decides to fail or not.

it ended up failing but I'm getting closer too the root of my problems considering i was able to play for a great deal longer then usual.
    • Edited by mr. biggums Friday, July 31, 2009 2:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Saroj Thakur Tuesday, October 6, 2009 1:24 PM
    Friday, July 31, 2009 1:26 AM
  • Has anyone found a working fix to this problem?  I am having the exact same issue as Mr. Biggums has described.  I've been combing forums and have not found any resolutions yet.  For me it happens when playing GTA IV - I have the latest drivers installed for all of my hardware and am running 3.5 of the .net framework in Windows 7 RC 7100.  Also, I have been playing GTA IV with SLI disabled as I've been reading that it isn't "officially compatible".  Thanks for any guidance!

My system specs:

OS: Win 7 RC 7100  Mobo: ASUS M4N82 SLI Deluxe  CPU: Phenom II 940 BE @ 3.4ghz  RAM:  4 x 1GB G.Skill PC6400 4-4-3-5
    GFX:  2 x BFG Geforce GTX 285 SLI  PSU:  Xion 1000W 4-12V Rails
    Sunday, November 29, 2009 6:50 PM