none
Internet Explorer (11.0.9600.17207) crashes on 2nd lookup selection in JS Grid page - Project Server 2010 (SP1) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

we are facing a scenario that crashes IE (11.0.9600.17207). When a user with IE 11 with that version opens a grid page (project schedule for example) and updates a lookup field, IE will crash when the user expands the lookup field widget for the 2nd time.

This scenario is not recreated on previous IE 11 versions.

We traced the error to the CustomFieldWidget.js file line 149 (form.appendchild...):

function AddFormInputField(form, name, value)
       {ULSQRm:;
        var el=document.createElement('input');
        el.type='hidden';
        el.name=el.id=name;
        el.value=value;
        form.appendChild(el);
       }

Can someone from Microsoft verify if there is alreaedy an open issue about it?

Thanks,

Roy

Royg

• Edited by Roy.G Tuesday, August 5, 2014 8:55 AM
    Monday, August 4, 2014 2:47 PM

Answers

• Thanks everyone,
    The issue was resolved when my IE updated recently (it's set to update automatically).
    the update IE version is 11.0.9600.17239 and the issue can no longer be replicated.
    I don't know if the bug is resolved (e.g. if an error is not thrown in that scenario) but at least the client handles it well and doesn't crash.

Kind regards,
    Roy

Royg

• Marked as answer by Roy.G Thursday, September 11, 2014 6:59 AM
    Thursday, September 11, 2014 6:59 AM

All replies

• Roy,

I'm not sure if the issue is being addressed, however I'd try browser compatibility mode.

Upgrade Project Server to SP2 may help as well.

Regards,

Alex

Friday, August 8, 2014 7:29 PM
  • Thanks Alex,

The compatibility button was removed from IE11 and adding the site to the compatibility sites list did not do the trick either.

I'll try the SP2 suggestion though.

Royg

• Edited by Roy.G Sunday, August 10, 2014 1:28 PM
    Sunday, August 10, 2014 1:28 PM
  • Did you check the "display intranet sites in compatibility view" box in Tools | Compatibility View Settings of IE11?
    Monday, August 11, 2014 3:21 PM
  • Thanks everyone,
    The issue was resolved when my IE updated recently (it's set to update automatically).
    the update IE version is 11.0.9600.17239 and the issue can no longer be replicated.
    I don't know if the bug is resolved (e.g. if an error is not thrown in that scenario) but at least the client handles it well and doesn't crash.

Kind regards,
    Roy

Royg

• Marked as answer by Roy.G Thursday, September 11, 2014 6:59 AM
    Thursday, September 11, 2014 6:59 AM