none
Touchpad not working. RRS feed

• Question

• Thanks in advance.  Touchpad works until I enter log in pass and fully boot.  Then can only use Blue Tooth mouse.  Updated touchpad drivers but no luck turning on touchpad.  With Vista it was as simple as turning Blue Tooth off.   Computer is Alienware m15X.  Any ideas?  

Forgot to mention the Fn + F12  Key turns the lights on and off the touchpad but do not allow it to work.

Solved it, if I disable the HID mouse in control panel then the touchpad works again.  Not very user friendly but it is a beta.  Everything thing else is working great.  Very happy
    Sunday, January 11, 2009 11:02 PM

Answers

• Stunka88 said:

Solved it, if I disable the HID mouse in control panel then the touchpad works again.  Not very user friendly but it is a beta.  Everything thing else is working great.  Very happy

Glad you got it solved.  Quoted your solution and will mark this as the answer. 

~Alex T.~Windows Desktop Experience MVP~
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 4:35 AM

All replies

• Stunka88 said:

Glad you got it solved.  Quoted your solution and will mark this as the answer. 

~Alex T.~Windows Desktop Experience MVP~
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 4:35 AM
  • I just wanted to note that in Windows7 if you go to the Mouse icon in the Control Panel, you don't have to disable your other mice as noted above.  If you go to the Device Settings tab (should be the last one) then there a Device Listing which should show your mousepad as "disabled" and about midway into the window there is a checkbox that says "Disable Internal Pointing Device when External USB pointing device is attached".  This seems to be checked off as a default.  Remove the check and you should be Good To Go.  :) Hope this helps.
    • Proposed as answer by McGuru Wednesday, October 6, 2010 8:23 AM
    Wednesday, October 6, 2010 8:23 AM
  • My touchpad worked until the windows 10 upgrade. Now I have to use a mouse because the touchpad won't work. Removed the check off "disable internal pointing device when external USB pointing device is attached" nor "disable the HID mouse in control panel then the touchpad works again" suggestions still do not work.
    Wednesday, September 9, 2015 12:46 PM
  • My touchpad worked until the windows 10 upgrade. Now I have to use a mouse because the touchpad won't work. Removed the check off "disable internal pointing device when external USB pointing device is attached" nor "disable the HID mouse in control panel then the touchpad works again" suggestions still do not work.

same problem here! :/
    Wednesday, October 21, 2015 10:01 PM