none
DPM 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• hi

i have issues with DPM 2007 Server and if some one can help to find workaround, that's would be great.

Single DPM Server ( Database in same Server)

Clinet Server 1( SQL Database , Files and System State)

Clinet Server 2( SQL Database , Files and System State)

last week our DPM server was crashed and we restore DPM Server from Image Backup(Image was tken by third pasrt software) .

now i can backup and restore Client Sever 1 Data and restore even Old backuped data which is previous to crash DPM Server.  but i am having issues with takknig & restore backup in client Server 2.

after restore the Image, all configuration and settign was automatically taken for Clinet Server 1 and no issues. but for client server 2, i get below issues messages .

1:  DPM could not start a recovery, consisitency check, or intial replica creaation job for Volume D:\ on file.contoso.com for following reason:

(ID 3170)

An unexpected error occcured during the job execution( ID 104 details : incorrect function (0x80070001))

2: the replicae of vlouome c: on file.contoos.com is inconsistent with the protected data source. all protection activiteis of rdata source will fail until the replica is synhronized with consistency check. you can recover data from existing recovery point, but new recovery points cannot be create until replica is consistent (ID 3106)

DPM is unable to contunue protection for CE:\ on file.contoco.com because the change traacking infomrantion is correpute(ID 30156 Details : incorrect function (0x8007001))

as it's give the recoommend action to "run a synchronization job with consistency check". i tried to synchronize. but it will fail with same error.

since i can take back and resotere in client server 1, hope this is some things relicated to DPM Agent in Clinet Server 2.

so can i just remove agent from Client Server 2 and reinstall agent ( but i sholud able to restore my Old data in client server 2( even before crashed my DPM Server)

or is there any way to fix the issues . can i repair my agent without loosing my back/ restore setting in Client Server 2 . 

Thank you

indunil

• Edited by Indunil Sunday, April 17, 2011 9:52 AM wrong ID
    Sunday, April 17, 2011 9:49 AM

Answers

• hi

thank you for reply. even if i manually or Shedule, it will give same error.  it's give error only particular Clinet Server2 assigned protection groups.  can i remove DPM agent from Server2 and reinstall Agnet. but i should be able to recovery my old recovery points.

thank you

Indunil

• Marked as answer by Indunil Thursday, May 5, 2011 12:43 PM
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 5:45 AM

All replies

• Hello,

The error of "30156 change tracking infomation is corrupted" is this shown on a scheduled job or manual job?
    If you perform a manual consistency check do you still see this error?
    Does it manifest with all datasources or protection groups or just some?

Thanks
    Shane

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 5:40 PM
  • hi

thank you for reply. even if i manually or Shedule, it will give same error.  it's give error only particular Clinet Server2 assigned protection groups.  can i remove DPM agent from Server2 and reinstall Agnet. but i should be able to recovery my old recovery points.

thank you

Indunil

• Marked as answer by Indunil Thursday, May 5, 2011 12:43 PM
    Wednesday, April 27, 2011 5:45 AM
  • Hello,

Can you check one other thing for me please?

Look to see if the dpmfltr is installed under the Storage Volume class key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}

Thanks,
    Shane

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 1:07 PM
  • Hello,

Can you check one other thing for me please?

Look to see if the dpmfltr is installed under the Storage Volume class key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{71A27CDD-812A-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}

Thanks,
    Shane

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 1:07 PM
  • hi

sorry for the late reply. i removed the agent from controler panel and manually installed the agent again. now every things are working fine and previous details were taken automtcial.thank you.

Thursday, May 5, 2011 12:43 PM